Sew a 4-pocket pouch perfect for turning into a portable mending kit, using to store some of your craft tools and notions, or to use for carrying smaller projects like English paper piecing or embroidery.
1. Pleated front pocket that expands so it can hold some thicker items.
2. Inside the pleated pocket is a divided patch pocket for small scissors, pens, seam gauge, seam ripper, etc.
3. Main pocket that is large pocket for holding this book, scraps and papers for English paper piecing, embroidery, or other small projects.
4. Pocket at the top of the flap is lightly padded with batting so it can be used as a pin & needle keep.
The pouch is lightly padded with fusible fleece, all exterior pieces are interfaced, and there is a layer of hair canvas (optional) on the back and flap to add even more structure. Woven fusible interfacing can be substituted for the hair canvas.
This well padded pouch is still easy to sew! If you've tried some of my other patterns you might know I sometimes use strategic trimming to make the sewing easier. This pattern has more interfacing/interlining than any of my other patterns, but is not going to stress you or your machine out.
This paper and ink friendly document is 13-pages: 7- pages of text instructions and color photos + 6-pages of black and white pattern pieces.
Sewing Skill Level
Intermediate: You are fairly comfortable and confident sewing, have experience working with multiple layers of materials, and can sew curves with some accuracy.
Supplies (Materials You Provide)
• 1/2 yard 42" exterior fabric
• 1/2 yard 42" lining fabric
• 2/3 yard 20" woven fusible interfacing (Pellon SF101)
• 1/2 yard 45" fusible fleece
• 1/2 yard 20" fusible hair canvas (optional) - Pellon HC120
• 7.5" x 4.5" piece of cotton batting - Warm & Natural unbleached
• 2.5" of 3/4" wide sew on VELCRO
• Dritz Wash Away Wonder Tape (optional, but helps keep VELCRO straight)
• Basic sewing supplies/tools (machine, thread, scissors, etc.)
Approximate Finished Dimensions
6" wide x 8" high (15.25cm x 20cm)
See this page for special offers.
Sew It & Sell It
Items made using this pattern can be sold in your own online store, local boutiques, craft fairs, etc. Start your own sewing business today! Please offer Michelle Patterns design credit in written descriptions.
This print-at-home pattern is available for instant download once your payment is processed. The download link is delivered to the email associated with your PayPal account. Please check your spam/junk folder if you don't see the message in your inbox.