Mending Kit PDF Sewing Pattern
Sew a 4-pocket pouch to use as a portable mending kit or small craft project bag with this PDF SEWING PATTERN.
This pouch has 4-pockets:
1. Pleated front pocket.
2. Divided patch pocket inside the pleated front pocket.
3. Main pocket.
4. Top pocket.
The pouch is lightly padded with fusible fleece, all exterior pieces are interfaced, and there is a layer of hair canvas (optional) on the back and flap to add even more structure. Woven fusible interfacing can be substituted for the hair canvas.
This well padded pouch is still easy to sew! If you've tried some of my other patterns you might know they sometimes include strategic trimming to make the sewing easier. This pattern has more interfacing/interlining than any of my other patterns, but is not going to stress your machine out.
This paper and ink friendly document is 13-pages: 7- pages of text instructions and color photos + 6-pages of black and white pattern pieces.
Sewing Skill Level
Intermediate: You are fairly comfortable and confident sewing, have experience working with multiple layers of materials, and can sew curves with some accuracy.
Supplies (Materials You Provide)
• 1/2 yard 42" exterior fabric
• 1/2 yard 42" lining fabric
• 2/3 yard 20" (woven fusible interfacing)
• 1/2 yard 45" fusible fleece
• 1/2 yard 20" fusible hair canvas (optional) - Pellon HC120
• 7.5" x 4.5" piece of cotton batting - Warm & Natural unbleached
• 2.5" of 3/4" wide sew on VELCRO
• Wonder Tape (optional, but helps keep VELCRO straight)
• Basic sewing supplies/tools (machine, thread, scissors, etc.)
Approximate Finished Dimensions
6" wide x 8" high (15.25cm x 20cm)
Sew It & Sell It
Items made using this pattern can be sold in your own online store, local boutiques, craft fairs, etc. Start your own sewing business today! Please offer Michelle Patterns design credit in written descriptions.
This print-at-home pattern is available for instant download once your payment is processed. The download link is delivered to the email associated with your PayPal account. Please check your spam/junk folder if you don't see the message in your inbox.