Payment: Payments are submitted through PayPal. You can pay through PayPal using all major credit cards and do not need to create an account.
Refunds: The items listed below can't be returned. Please read the description and ask questions before ordering since sales of these items are final.
- Sewing Patterns - PDF patterns & vintage sewing patterns.
- Custom Orders - Anything made specifically at your request.
- Cut to Order Goods - Interfacing, fabric, or anything sold by the yard.
Hardware can be returned for refund within 30-days of your order. It must be in original, unused condition.
Shipping charges are non-refundable. Please send me a note letting me know to expect your return so I can keep an eye out for the package. Make sure to send it back with "delivery confirmation" so the package delivery is recorded.
Pattern Delivery: A download link to your pattern will be sent to the email address associated with your PayPal account once your payment is complete.
If you don't receive the email within a few minutes of completing your order, please confirm your order went through (check your PayPal account), and then look in your email spam/junk folder. If you still don't see the message, please contact me.
The download link is for delivery only--it can't be used to store the pattern document. You have 30-days to download your order.
Document Replacement: Please download, save, and stores your pattern file(s) somewhere safe (i.e. not on your computer) within 30-days of purchase.
Lost files can be replaced during the 30-day download period.
If you want to keep these files indefinitely, the best option is to have a data backup system running, or store the files online.
Storing them online can be as simple as emailing them to yourself at a gmail type account, or using a service like Drop Box or Box.net. Saving them on your computer, or to a usb drive or other portable storage, isn't secure for long-term storage.
Shipping Schedule: Physical goods are shipped 1-3 business days after you place your order. PDF patterns and other digital documents are available for download once your payment has been processed.
International Shipping: Patterns and other digital documents can be delivered anywhere in the world at no charge since they are delivered electronically. I am in the US and do not collect VAT.
Physical goods ship to US mailing addresses only. Shipping outside the US has become very expensive and complicated, so I can't offer it at this time. The good news is there are many companies that specialize in forwarding mail from the US to almost every other country in the world.
Here are some companies that might be able to help you:
US Global Mail
Overseas Personal Address Service
About the Patterns: All patterns are in PDF format and require a reader program--like Adobe Reader (free)--in order to view the document.
My patterns are pretty detailed, but it just isn't possible to include every last thing in the instructions. Like most patterns, my instructions are written with the expectation you have some basic sewing knowledge.
The most basic expectation is that you've sewn something before. If you've never sewn before, taking a basic sewing class will get you off to a good start.
The patterns generally do not include these basics in the instructions:
• You need a sewing machine, as well as basic sewing tools/notions like scissors, pins, thread, seam ripper, etc.
• Seams are always back stitched at the beginning and end, unless otherwise indicated.
• Pin where you feel it's necessary. Sometimes I'll point out helpful places to pin.
• Interfacing/fleece pieces are cut about 1/8" smaller than pattern piece outline to keep the adhesive off your iron.
• Interfacing and fleece are applied to the WRONG side of all fabrics.
• Pieces may need to be trimmed to match while you are sewing. Things shift, fabrics stretch, etc.
• Grain lines are provided as a suggestion only in accessory patterns.
Selling Finished Items/Copyright Policy: You're welcome to make items to sell using the patterns. Please:
1. Credit michellepatterns.com for the pattern design in all written item descriptions. For example, when selling online please include the following sentence, or similar wording, in your description: "This item was made using a sewing pattern from michellepatterns.com."
2. All items for sale must be handmade by you. Contracting with others to mass produce the design is expressly prohibited.
3. Distribution of the pattern document (text, photos, pattern pieces) is expressly prohibited. The pattern document is intended for the original purchaser only. It may not be resold, forwarded, or posted online for others to access.
The copyright policy is also included in patterns at the end of the text.
Thank you for respecting international copyright laws! Please contact me to report copyright violations.
Image Use: Please feel free to pin any images, or borrow images and text if you are writing about my patterns. If you have friends that sew, please let them know about my patterns. Thank you for your support. :0]