IMPORTANT INFO: This is a PDF SEWING PATTERN you download and print at home.
Sew an adorable 4-pocket pouch perfect for turning into a portable mending kit, using to store some of your tools and notions, or carrying smaller craft projects like hexies and crochet.
This well padded pouch is also a nice size for many mini tablet computers.
Inside there are 4-pockets:
1. Pleated front pocket: expandable pocket for small notions.
2. Patch pocket: inside the pleated pocket is a divided patch pocket that can be used for small scissors, pen, seam gauge, seam ripper, etc.
3. Main pocket: large pocket for holding this sweet mending book, scraps and papers for hexxies, or other small projects.
4. Top pocket: lightly padded pocket at the top of the flap to use as a pin keep & storage for needles.
The pouch is lightly padded with fusible fleece, all exterior pieces are interfaced, and there is a layer of hair canvas at the back and flap to add even more structure. Woven fusible interfacing can be substituted for the hair canvas.
This well padded pouch is still easy to sew! If you've tried some of my other patterns you might know I sometimes use strategic trimming to make the sewing easier. This pattern has more interfacing/interlining than any of my other patterns, but is not going to stress your machine. I sewed through all these layers with no problem using a size 80 needle that had already sewn a bunch of other projects before this one.
This paper and ink friendly document is 13-pages total. There are 7- pages of text instructions and color photos + 6-pages of black and white pattern pieces.
Sewing Skill Level
Intermediate: You are fairly comfortable and confident sewing, have experience working with multiple layers of materials, and can sew curves with some accuracy.
Supplies (Materials You Provide)
• 1/2 yard 42" exterior fabric
• 1/2 yard 42" lining fabric
• 2/3 yard 20" woven fusible interfacing - (Pellon SF101
• 1/2 yard 45" fusible fleece - Pellon 987F
• 1/2 yard 20" fusible hair canvas (optional) - Pellon HC120
• 7.5" x 4.5" piece of cotton batting - Warm & Natural unbleached
• 2.5" of 3/4" wide sew on VELCRO
• Dritz Wash Away Wonder Tape (optional, but helps keep VELCRO straight)
• Basic sewing supplies/tools (machine, thread, scissors, etc.)
Approximate Finished Dimensions
6" wide x 8" high (15.25cm x 20cm)
See this page for special offers.
Sew It & Sell It
Items made using this pattern can be sold in your own online store, local boutiques, craft fairs, etc. Start your own sewing business today! Please offer Michelle Patterns design credit in written descriptions.
This print-at-home pattern is available for instant download once your payment is processed. The download link is delivered to the email associated with your PayPal account. Please check your spam/junk folder if you don't see the message in your inbox.