IMPORTANT INFO: This is a PDF SEWING PATTERN you download and print at home.
Sew a pretty and practical fabric grocery bag using this simple SEWING PATTERN.
This is my bestselling pattern and you will get lots of use out of these bags! They are great for groceries, taking packages to the post office, storage bags, project totes, or any other time you need a simple bag to carry things.
Besides being more stylish than a plastic bag these bags are:
• Easy to load - designed for use on the cashier's loading rack.
• Easy to carry - wide handles distribute weight.
• Simple to clean - machine wash/dry.
• Folds to a nice size - easy to pack inside another bag.
• Reversible - line in a second fun fabric.
• Fully lined - looks great and makes the bag twice as sturdy.
• Durable - double stitched seams & reinforced handles.
You will receive instructions with text descriptions and color photos. Pattern pieces for the handles are included and the dimensions for the square bag body pieces are provided in the instructions.
The pattern is in pdf format and is available for INSTANT DOWNLOAD once your payment is processed.
Sewing Skill Level
Beginner - You have taken a basic sewing class or learned to sew from a book, are familiar with working a sewing machine, and have completed at least a handful of few simple projects.
Approximate Finished Dimensions
Small - 12" x 10" x 4" (30cm x 25cm x 10cm)
Medium - 13" x 12" x 5" (33cm x 31cm x 13cm)
Large - 14” x 14” x 6” (36cm x 36cm x 15cm)
Supplies (Materials You Provide)
Note: Size is indicated in parentheses. Reverse exterior & lining amounts if making handles from the exterior print. Fabric amounts are based on 42" fabric.
• exterior fabric: 1/3 yard (S), 1/2 yard (M), 1/2 yard (L)
• lining/handle fabric: 3/4 yard (S), 1 yard (M), 1 yard (L)
• ruler or yardstick
• fabric marker or chalk
See this page for special offers.
Sew It & Sell It
Bags made using this pattern can be sold in your own online store, local boutiques, craft fairs, etc. Please offer michellepatterns.com design credit in written descriptions.
This print-at-home pattern is available for instant download once your payment is processed. The download link is delivered to the email associated with your PayPal account. Check your spam/junk folder if you don't see the message in your inbox.