Sew a medium size clutch with a pleated front, concealed zipper, and fabric zip pull using this PDF SEWING PATTERN.
This pattern is great for highlighting a favorite print or using one of your coveted scraps. The center front requires only a 6" x 6" square.
This bag also makes a nice pouch for carrying some of your sewing tools to classes and retreats.
One divided patch pocket inside.
For those with solid sewing experience, this is a 3-5 hour sewing project.
This PDF sewing pattern is 12-pages total: 8-pages of color photos & text instructions + 4 pages of pattern pieces.
Sewing Skill Level
Intermediate - You have experience sewing with patterns, have installed a zipper and sewn darts.
Supplies (Materials You Provide)
• 1/4 yard 42"fabric 1 for the exterior front sides, back, and top (standard cut)
• 1/4 yard 42" fabric 2 for center front, patch pocket, finger strap & zip end cover (FQ ok)
• 1/4 yard 42" lining fabric (FQ ok)
• 1/4 yard muslin or scrap fabric
• 1/2 yard 20" fusible interfacing - Pellon SF101
• 1/4 yard 45" fusible fleece - Pellon 987F
• 12" polyester all-purpose zipper (no metal teeth zippers)
• 3/4" (2cm) split keyring + staple remover to open split ring
• 1/4" foot with guide - optional, but helpful for 1/4" seams and can be used to install the zipper
• zipper foot - not necessary if you have the 1/4" foot
• fabric marker or chalk
Finished Dimensions (w x h x d)
12.75" x 5.75" x 3" (32cm x 15cm x 8cm)
Sew It & Sell It
Items made using this pattern can be sold in your own online store, local boutiques, craft fairs, etc. Please offer Michelle Patterns design credit in written descriptions.
This print-at-home pattern is available for instant download once your payment is processed. The download link is delivered to the email associated with your PayPal account. Please check your spam/junk folder if you don't see the message in your inbox and then check that your email is correct/up to date with PayPal.
See this page for special offers.