Download this PDF SEWING PATTERN and get started making a fold-over style clutch in your choice of two sizes.
This bag has two inset pockets--one on the exterior and one on the lining. The pockets are held closed with small tabs with magnetic snaps.
It is foundation pieced to flannel and fabric to create a stable bag that is still able to fold easily. It can also be made as an upright pouch (use interfacing/fleece) if you don't need it to fold.
The document is 15-pages total--9-pages of text and color photos instructions + 6-pages of black and white pattern pieces.
Sewing Skill Level
Intermediate - You have solid accessory sewing experience and are comfortable installing zippers.
(width at base x height x depth from front to back)
Small - 7” x 8.5" x 2" (18cm x 22cm x 5cm)
Large: 9.5" x 10.5" x 2" (24cm x 27cm x 5cm)
Supplies (Materials You Provide)
• Exterior fabric - small: 1/3 yard / large: 1/2 yard
• Lining fabric - small: 1/3 yard / large: 2/3 yard
• Flannel - small: 1/3 yard / large: 1/2 yard
• Scrap fabric - small: 1/3 yard / large: 1/2 yard
• Fusible interfacing - 1/4 yard
• (2) 10mm or 14mm magnetic snaps
• Ruler or yardstick
• Fabric marking pen or chalk
• Polyester all-purpose coil zipper - small: 9"+ / large: 12"
• Fray Check or other seam sealant
• 1/4" foot for your machine (optional, but recommended)
• Zipper foot for your machine (not required if using the 1/4" foot)
Sew It & Sell It
Items made using this pattern can be sold in your own online store, local boutiques, craft fairs, etc. Start your own sewing business today! Please offer Michelle Patterns design credit in written descriptions.
This print-at-home pattern is available for instant download once your payment is processed. The download link is delivered to the email associated with your PayPal account. Check your spam/junk folder if you don't see the message in your inbox.
Join the Email List
Sign up for the email list to receive messages about special offers and new products.