IMPORTANT INFO: This is a PDF SEWING PATTERN you download and print at home.
These pouches are quick to sew, and can be used for so, so many things.
The simple front embellishment piece adds some visual interest and is a good place to show off some of your favorite buttons.
This pattern is one of my favorites for three reasons:
1. The pattern pieces are excellent base pieces for making zipper pouches with some depth. If the front embellishment isn't your thing, leave it off, and use the main pieces to make simple pouches with or without a different embellishment.
2. Instructions include my most commonly used zipper installation technique--it's easy, looks great, and allows the top open slightly wider than using two covered zipper ends.
3. These instructions mark the point I stopped using my zipper foot to install zippers. Using a 1/4" foot gives better results than the zipper foot!
This sewing pattern is a paper and ink friendly 9-pages. There are 5-pages of text & color photo instructions + 4-pages of black & white pattern pieces. Formatted for standard 8.5" x 11" paper. No resizing necessary.
Add pockets using some of the smaller sizes from the Curvy Patch Pockets document.
Sewing Skill Level
Intermediate - Those with sewing experience who are up for new challenges & expanding their skills.
Finished Dimensions (h x w x d)
Small: 3.75” x 5” x 1” (9.5cm x 13cm x 2.5cm)
Medium: 4.5” x 6.75” x 1.5” (11.5cm x 17cm x 4cm)
Tall: 7” x 6.75” x 1.75” (18cm x 17cm x 4.5cm)
Supplies (Materials You Provide)
• ¼ yard exterior fabric (40” wide)
• ¼ yard lining fabric (40” wide)
• ¼ yard fusible interfacing (20” wide)
• ¼ yard fusible fleece (45” wide)
• (1) All-Purpose Polyester Coil Zipper (no metal teeth zippers) - Small Pouch - 6” or longer, Medium/Large Pouch - 8” or longer
• Buttons in your desired size and quantity
• Fabric marking pen or chalk
• Basic sewing supplies/notions - machine, scissors, etc.
See this page for special offers.
Sew It & Sell It
Items made using this pattern can be sold in your own online store, local boutiques, craft fairs, etc. Please offer michellepatterns.com design credit in written descriptions.
This print-at-home pattern is available for instant download once your payment is processed. The download link is delivered to the email associated with your PayPal account. Check your spam/junk folder if you don't see the message in your inbox.
Sign upto hear about new patterns and special offers.