Make a zip top wristlet from just one main pattern piece with this unique SEWING PATTERN.
This way of sewing is fast, fun, and liberating. The idea is to freehand cut pieces (they don't need to be perfect!) and then straighten them as needed. A pattern piece is given and step-by-step instructions show you how to make it happen.
This pattern is the same basic idea as Intro to Improv Zip Pouches pattern. You may want to try the Intro to Improv Zip Pouches first to see if you like this technique.
This pattern comes with one piece for a small wristlet that will work for phones 3.5" x 5.5" or smaller, or can be used for a hardbound pocket size Moleskine. Additional length can easily be added to the sides of the pattern piece to make it longer to use for things with more height.
Then last page of the instructions (page 9) shows you how to make your own divided pattern piece so you can make this in a custom size to fit other things like phones, tablets, laptops, journals, day planners, or other things less than 2" (51mm) deep.
Finished Dimensions for Size Included: 6" wide x 4.25" high x 0.75" deep x 8" strap x 5.25" strap opening (15.3cm x 11cm x 19mm x 20cm x 13.3cm)
Sewing Skill Level: Intermediate - You are comfortable and confident with zippers and sewing in general, have good cutting skills and an adventurous sewing spirit.
Supplies (Materials You Provide):
• 1/4 yard exterior fabric 42" wide - FQ ok
• 1/4 yard lining fabric 42" wide - FQ ok
• 1/2 yard woven fusible interfacing - Pellon SF101
• 1/4 yard muslin
• 1/4 yard fusible fleece - Pellon 987F
• (1) swivel clip with a 0.5" (13mm) attachment point & 0.25" (6mm) opening
• (2) polyester coil zippers - (1) 7" (18cm) & (1) 9" (23cm) - longer zippers ok
• 1/4" Wonder Tape - optional, but recommended
• cutting mat or other grid surface - optional, but recommended
• basic sewing tools & notions - sewing machine, thread, scissors, etc.
See this page for special offers.