If you've considered making your own PDF pattern to sell, you will want to read this document!
I'll share with you the things I've learned during the 5 years of making PDF sewing patterns.
This pdf document covers how to format a single document in OpenOffice (OO) Writer that includes your text, photos and pattern pieces. There is a special feature in OO that makes it ideal for formatting patterns!
OpenOffice is free to download, has no commercial use restrictions, and does everything (and more!) than MS Word.
You do need to know how to work with images in a separate photo editing software program. General image (photos & pattern pieces) info is included, but you'll need to know how to work with images.
This document includes:
• What the pattern user needs
• Basic overview of the pattern making process
• General photo info - test photos, file formats, etc.
• General info about the pattern pieces - margin guide, text to include, etc.
• Setting up and saving a template so your document will be ready for future patterns
• Tips for writing the instructions - style, voice, font considerations, etc.
• Inserting the instruction images
• Inserting, testing, and troubleshooting the pattern pieces (the hardest part!)
• Exporting to pdf
• Testing the pattern
• Lots of tips from my own experience!
Related Blog Post
Click here to read the blog post about this pattern.
Join the Email List
Click here to sign up to hear about new patterns and special offers.